Thursday, August 21, 2014

Designer Challenge - color palette!

Welcome to the new challenge at My Creative Time. This challenge is a color challenge. I love the color palette we have for you this time. Here is my rendition!

I decided to add my colors using embossing powder and used the watercolor stripe stamps for my design. For the sentiment, I used the "dream bigger" stamp but with a slight twist.....I heat embossed just the "and" in color, and the remaining words in black for a little more interest. 


And in place of the gray tones {they are gray to my eye; someone else said they look more purple....hmmm} I used silver. I love the silver embossing powder and added sequins and silver cardstock strips along the upper and lower edges to really make it pop. For even more texture, I added sequins, gems and pearls.

We hope you'll join us for this challenge. To get you started, here's your inspiration photo!
Product List:
My Creative Time, Build a Scripty/Watercolor background stamp
My Creative Time, Build a Stripey background stamps
My Creative Time, Dream Bigger stamp
Embossing powder; Zing cricket, apricot and mustard; silver, sequins, gems, pearls, silver cardstock

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Shar!!! LOVE the colors!!!!!!
    AWESOME job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow1 This card is cool Shar! Love the silver/neony colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Such colorful embossing and textures. Beautiful job!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is gorgeous!! I love your stamping, the colors, the glitter and embossing of it all super duper creative job and love how you used Miss Emma's goodies.
    YOU ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card! Love the embossed watercolor stripe:) Thank You for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar