Thursday, January 29, 2015

Day 4 Card Class, adding texture

Oh goody! I love adding texture and dimension so today's class is extra fun. {Oh, who am I kidding....every day in card class is fun!!! LOL} Anyway, my first card for the day {yes, there will be another coming up!} is faux embossing using dies, by Yana Samakula. This is a fun technique and you can create any design imaginable, even if you don't have any embossing folders. Simply use a die and layer the cuts over a card base of the same paper and, voila!

For my card, I used dies and coordination stamps by Technique Tuesday and Paper Smooches. The pink hearts and the heart with arrow are from the Paper Smooches Sweet Hearts set. The love words and border hearts stamp are Say It by Ali Edwards for Technique Tuesday. Pink Lemonade card stock by My Favorite Things. 

I placed my sentiment on a flag banner adhered with foam tape. This is a scrap piece I had water colored with Distress Inks some time ago. Thanks for coming by today! Hope you're enjoying my class projects as much as I am enjoying them. :)

If you're interested in taking online card classes, check them out here: Online Card Classes.

2 comments:

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar