Friday, January 30, 2015

Day 5 Card Class, Inking Tricks

Today we're playing with inks and inking techniques. This one comes from Laura Bassen. It's a "make your own ink pad" idea. I've seen this done before but have never tried it till now. I love it! 

I used the striped border stamp by My Creative Time from the Geo Borders stamp set, and Distress Reinkers in dusty concord, chipped sapphire, forest green, and weathered wood. 


"Awesome" word is by Technique Tuesday and "you are" is from a My Creative Time set. I added some twine and a few flat back pearl gems for fun.


7 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! Nice color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shar ~ first of all I LOVE this card! How cool is that to use that stamp to create this fun background! EEK! Well I took a look around and all of your class cards are simply AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh Ahhhh! Cool! That gives that border stamp a totally different look! Super rad! MESSY NEST!!!!!!!baaaaaaaaaaahhahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous! Love the colors you created for your "inkpad" and your card is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice...so sophisticated! I love your color choices. And the fiber nest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely clean and simple card Shar
    Jane

    ReplyDelete

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar