Monday, July 27, 2015

Card Class, Day 1: Background Check

I'm taking this class because I have a real hard time coming up with imaginative, creative, or even interesting backgrounds for my cards. Today I discovered I really do suck at backgrounds. LOL I tried four times and failed 3 1/2 times. Here are my first two attempts; I'm calling the one on the right the 1/2-pass/1/2-fail. LOL. Homework after class for me!

The technique is simple enough - for most people! In the sample on the left, I used too much water; on the right, well, it looks like not enough water, but honestly I'm not sure if more water would have helped. I shall try again.


Distress Inks: Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio
Watercolor paper, Perfect Pearls, Mini-mister, Ink blending tools
Rose background stamp by My Favorite Things

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar