Sunday, August 16, 2015

My Favorite Things, Sketch Challenge #241

The new challenge sketch is up on the Card Challenges blog. I decided it was the perfect sketch to use this adorable school theme set by Birdie Brown for My Favorite Things called Class Act. Super cute and fun images!


I love this sweet little school girl.

The dies are so much fun but I took it to another level by cutting the shapes from shrink film to create custom shaker filler. It's one of my favorite ways to use small die shapes! The shape you cut will shrink to approximately one-third its original size. (Be sure to color your images before you shrink them.) Here you can see the custom shapes I made. 


The inside message. I used the circle cut-out from the shaker window to tie it all together.

But I didn't stop at just shaker filler. I thought the tiny apples were so cute I decided to make them into earrings. Eeek. So cute!!!

And then I had another idea.....backpack charms!!!!! Here you can see the difference in size from the original die cut from paper compared to the shrink charms. The girls will love these. :)

More info on this challenge here: Card Challenges












Products used:
My Favorite Things, Class Act stamps and die sets
My Favorite Things, Gift Card grooves dies (earring holder)
My Favorite Things, Lucky Stars dies
My Favorite Things, Cross-stitched Circle dies
My Favorite Things, Diagonal stitched Rectangle dies
My Favorite Things, Black Licorice Hybrid ink pad
Gold cardstock, copic markers, clear embossing powder, clear acetate, foam tape
shrink film, sequins, Smarties candies (shaker filler)

2 comments:

  1. Shar ~ well I thought the shaker was CUUTE but the earing and the charms ~ ADORABLE I bet the girls will LOVE these!

    ReplyDelete

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar