Thursday, February 04, 2016

Tags, trims, and banners, oh my!

Welcome to the studio! I hope you're ready to be inspired as I have been busy, busy, busy with Valentine's Day projects. I love adding trims to jars and containers, tags to goody bags, and putting together super fun banners. Here are a few of the goodies I've been working on.



These dipped pretzel rods are so easy to do, and FUN! I've tucked one into each of the kidlets' goodie bags, and the maillady gets one too. :) These awesome mug comes from Big Lots. It  just flew into my cart before I could blink an eye. I'm so glad it did as it's perfect for these Valentine pretzels.

Hearts and tag dies are by My Creative Time. Super cute treat bags from Walmart.

Fun trim idea using burlap ribbon and lace from the sewing department at Walmart. The doily heart is a die cut using a heart die by My Creative Time. Adds just enough pizzazz to this plain cylinder vase from the Dollar Tree.

And my banners. I love, love, love banners. If I had space for them, they'd be hanging all over my house! For these, I used a variety of crafty goodies in addition to an old falling apart dictionary I picked up at the thrift store for 25¢ and a couple of packs of doilies from Dollar Tree. The fishtail banner shapes are a die by My Favorite Things; hearts, love and tab are by My Creative Time, and paper flower and stick pin handmade by me. Jute twine, sheer polka dot ribbon, and hot glue hold them all together.

I hope you have as much fun as I do making stuff for holidays. Valentine's Day is my second fave, only behind Christmas, and even though the kids are no longer at home, I can still send them all the spoils through the mail so I'm a happy grama! :)  Thanks for coming by. If you'd like more specifics on any of the projects I've shared, please leave a comment and I'll provide links etc.

1 comment:

Come join the FB Scrapendipity Studio Crafters group and share your work with us! ♥ ~Shar